The fundraising event tips in this blog will focus on how to use a certificate box and tables to help your checkout run as smoothly as possible. This blog is the second in a 5-part series focusing on how to have a flawless checkout for your guests. Read part 1.
Fundraising Event Tip #2: Use Certificate Box & Tables During Checkout
Guests check out on their phones or come to the checkout desk and are emailed a receipt or get a pick-up slip outlining the items they have purchased and have won in the auction.
Before the fundraising event, all gift cards and gift certificates should be placed in a 9 x 12 envelope and labelled with the package number and the name of the item in the top right hand corner. These should be placed in a box in an upright position to make it easy to see the labels on each envelope. A responsible person who is familiar with the silent auction items should be in charge of distributing these envelopes to guests.
After checking out, guests go to the certificate box in the silent auction area to retrieve their certificates and gift cards.
Next, guests proceed to the silent auction tables to retrieve physical items from a volunteer. The volunteers can view guest receipts on guest phones, use iPads with our checkout software, or pick up slips from our checkout desk to confirm guest purchases and distribute packages accurately.
How To Distribute Items During Fundraising Event Checkout
- Block off silent auction tables with stanchions or close the room and have runners retrieve items for guests
- If this is impossible, place volunteers at each table to give packages to guests
- Placing packages in package number order on the silent auction tables will help pickup
- Labeling silent auction tables with category and package number range is helpful (200’s Children)
Advantages Of This Fundraising Event Checkout Tip
- The auction can be closed after dinner if using mobile bidding
- No need to move items
- All items are placed on the silent auction tables in package number order and are easy to find
- Table monitors can show guests where items are and help them retrieve their items
Disadvantage Of This Fundraising Event Checkout Tip
- This strategy can be stressful for volunteers who are tired at the end of the night. To solve this issue, try asking a fresh set of volunteers to come to the event at 8 or 9 p.m. to help instead of using the volunteers who arrived earlier in the afternoon.
About Murad Auctions
Murad Auctions offers professional auction services for successful nonprofit fundraising events. Since 2000, Murad Auctions has helped hundreds of non-profits achieve their fundraising goals. Murad Auctions relies on years of experience, crowd-pleasing enthusiasm and technology to take benefit auctions to the next level.
If your organization needs ideas or help with your nonprofit fundraising, please reach out to Murad Auctions at 972-238-0249 x 102 or contact us. We will be happy to help make your non-profit fundraiser a success.